18 February 2015

Gratitude for Unity! ~ Katelon Jeffereys ~ 17 February 2015

Photo taken by Katelon T. Jeffereys Jan. 25, 2015 Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA.
Source: Empower and Balance

A while ago I was walking back on the beach one night and a long ago learned chant started arising out of my mouth. It was one I learned at Rajneesh circle dancing in 1980, in Berkeley, CA.  I walked in the dark, feeling the sand beneath my feet and the breeze against my cheek, hearing the ocean, and smelling the salt water. The song became stronger and more powerful as I walked:

I surrender to the earth
I surrender to the sky
I surrender to the water
I surrender to the fire
I am One with the Universe
The Universe is one with me
I am home I belong here
I can MOVE here I am free.

I often put different words in, in place of the word “move”, depending upon what I am feeling or focusing on. Since breathing has been a struggle since age two, sometimes I insert the word “breathe”.  Sometimes the word “prosper” is inserted,’ laugh’, whatever fits the moment.

Please continue reading here, and watch the heart-warming rendition of the song "Grateful: A Love Song to the World" by Nimo Patel and Daniel Nahmod.


No comments:

Post a Comment