27 February 2016

Ephesus

wikipedia
This is just a personal update.

I woke up a few days ago with just one word occupying my thoughts: "Phesus". The word was unfamiliar to me; I turned it over in my mind for quite a while before I gave up. I had a busy schedule ahead, and it was only much later in the day when I could devote sufficient time to pursue this one-word mystery.

While "Phesus" didn't turn up anything sensible, "Ephesus" pulled up some adequately decent references. To summarise, Ephesus was an ancient Greek city associated with Heraclitus and its location today is in Turkey. The Temple of Artemis was built there and it was considered to be a centre of culture and spiritual growth, where women were held in high regard.

I also found the following on Ascending Starseed, taken from Linda Moulton-Howe's Earth Files, which is accessible only to members. 

Ephesus was one of the  twelve cities of the Ionian League during the Classical Greek era of 5th through 4th centuries B. C., Ephesus was one of the seven churches of Asia that are cited in the Bible’s Book of Revelation. Also, the Gospel of John might have been written here. Not far from Ephesus on a cedar-forested hill is the “Virgin Mary’s House” that rests on a 2000-year-old foundation and is honored as Mary’s home after her son Christ’s death on the cross.

Whatever all of this means, I leave it up to each individual interpretation :)

4 comments:

  1. I have read your blog a lot but never commented. This post reminded me of my visit to Ephesus. These days Ephesus is a ver crowded tourist hot spot and I found it hard to feel any energy other than that. Mary's house was also crowded but was incredibly peaceful. A truly beautiful place resonating with a prayerful vibration of peace and hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this, Suzanne ~ I was very surprised to learn about Ephesus, and even more amazed that it is an actual location that still exists today. Your account further adds to the "reality" of Ephesus for me! I can only trust that the "message" behind this word is an indication of our spiritual renaissance...."soon" :) Blessings

      Delete
  2. I thought after I commented Ephesus was the place where the
    Elyssian Mysteries were performed every year -these were sacred rites to the earth goddess - Demeter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh.....thank you Suzanne! You've made me even more convinced that this is an indication of where we're heading :) Blessings

      Delete